Creamy, cheesy and easy to make, this casserole is the definition of comfort food. This makes two casseroles, so it's great for a crowd; it freezes nicely, too. —Salina Bontrager, Kalona, Iowa
Recommended: 22 Leftover Ham Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 cups cubed fully cooked ham (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix first five ingredients. Stir in potatoes, ham and cheese. Transfer to two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes.
Bake, covered, 1 hour. Bake, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, 45-55 minutes longer.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casseroles as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Originally published as Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes & Ham in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p87