- 5 to 6 cups sliced or baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cubed process American cheese
- Place carrots in a saucepan; cover with water. Cook until crisp-tender. meanwhile, in another saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add soup and cheese; stir until smooth. Drain carrots and add to cheese mixture. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Scalloped Carrots
"The combination of the cheese and carrots works well together. It's easy to prepare and taste wonderful!!"
"I tried this because it looked easy, but the results were not good. It didn't taste fresh and was very heavy for being a side dish."
"this recipe is disgusting. if you can't get your children to vegetables you should at least put real cheese on them, processed cheese is terrible and unhealthy."