- 1 package (1 pound) spaghetti
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add eggs and Parmesan cheese. Transfer to three greased 9-in. pie plates; press mixture onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and Italian seasoning. Spoon into the crusts. In a skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and tomato paste. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Cover and freeze two pies for up to 1 month. Cover and bake third pie at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
- To use frozen pies: Completely thaw in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed. Yield: 3 pies, 18 servings, 6 per pie.
Reviews forCheesy Sausage Spaghetti Pie
"This was really good. It was nice to have one frozen for a night when I'm short on time"
"this recipe is wonderful, easy to make, nice to have on hand. the layers give it a taste of lasagna without the fuss"
"I cut this in half. My Husband really like it."
"This sounds delicious. However, I live alone in a small apartment and haven't the room in my freezer to make 3 pies. Can someone whittle down the ingredients to make just one? Thanks."
"I have been making a version of this for a long time. The crust is the same, but I use my own homemade sauce(then you will be sure to like it)with meat in it. after the noodles are in I put small curd cottage cheese or ricotta, your preference, add your sauce, and then as much or little of mozzarella as you like. I also make a gluten free one for my brother. (I like mine better because I like my sauce)"
"I've been making this for several years with ground venison instead of sausage. It's much healthier and my husband loves it. It's also a great way to use leftover Spaghetti and sauce."
"I've been making this for years! Wonderful recipe!"
"This looks delicious...maybe I'll make it. Instead of using regular pork sausage, and separate Italian seasoning, why not use Italian sausage? (We always seem to have it in our freezer anyway!!)"
"It needs more seasoning. Maybe some garlic powder in the crust would be helpful and a bit of garlic in the sauce. Some Italian sausage instead of just plain bulk sausage and maybe substitute chicken broth for the water. I will make this again with these changes but right now I can't give it five stars, I can only give it two."