Cheesy Sausage Nachos Recipe
This dish is very versatile. It can be used as an entree or appetizer. It gets rave reviews either way.
- 3/4 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes, divided
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 medium ripe avocado, diced
- 1. Crumble sausage into a large skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain well. Add 2 cups tomatoes and picante sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- 2. Sprinkle tortilla chips over a 12-in. pizza pan. Top with 2 cups cheese and the sausage mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with avocado and remaining tomatoes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1/2 cup: 290 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Sausage Nachos
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC