Cheesy Round Bread
This bread, which looks similar to focaccia, has a light olive and garlic flavor. We enjoy generous slices with soup.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives, well drained
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets. Add warm water and mix well. Stir in the egg, butter and seasonings until blended.
- Turn onto a floured surface. Knead in cheese and olives. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Press into a 12-in. pizza pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 30 minutes.
- With a sharp knife, make three or four slashes across top of loaf. Brush with egg white. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 140 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Round Bread in Best of Country Breads
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.