Cheesy Round Bread
This bread, which looks similar to focaccia, has a light olive and garlic flavor. We enjoy generous slices with soup.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives, well drained
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets. Add warm water and mix well. Stir in the egg, butter and seasonings until blended.
- Turn onto a floured surface. Knead in cheese and olives. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Press into a 12-in. pizza pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 30 minutes.
- With a sharp knife, make three or four slashes across top of loaf. Brush with egg white. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 140 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Round Bread in Best of Country Breads