Cheesy Rosemary Potatoes
Turning plain potatoes into spectacular spuds is what happens whenever I follow this recipe. The cheese and seasonings make them rich and flavorful.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large skillet or saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add potatoes, seasoned salt, pepper and lemon zest. Remove from the heat. Spoon half into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Combine bread crumbs, butter and rosemary; sprinkle over cheese. Cover and bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 170 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Rosemary Potatoes in Country Woman Christmas 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.