- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup white wine or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2-1/2 cups marinara or spaghetti sauce
- Cook ravioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and nutmeg until smooth; gradually add milk and wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the basil, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Drain ravioli; toss with sauce mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Ravioli Bake
"I think that the creamy sauce makes it a little like a lasagna, but made with ravioli. I've always made this with dried basil and it still tastes great!"
"This was a simple recipe and used easy-to-find-in-our-kitchen ingredients! I used chicken broth in place of the wine/vegetable broth, and dried crushed basil in place of the fresh. Both substitutions were fine. I also used extra marinara sauce and layered some of this on the bottom of the dish before baking.I felt that the recipe made too much of the creamy white sauce and ended up taking almost a cup and a half of this out to use for another recipe. When I make this again, I will definitely reduce this part of the recipe."
"Very tasty and easy to make. I used about a cup and a half on milk in the sauce because I have learned from other recipes that less is more. I used 1 cup of mozzerella and 1/4 parmesan but next time I will cut back on the cheese. I also omitted the the second cup of mozzerella that it says to add before putting the marinara on top because I felt it would be too much. I did sprinkle a small amount of mozzerella on top before baking and didn't add any more parmsean letting individuals add it if they desire. I will definitely make this again!"
"easy to make and VERY DELICIOUS!"
"Very Tasty! There was alot of sauce, but I tend to like that and it was thick & cheesy! The nutmeg added a very nice different taste, that I loved!"
"This was very yummy. I think that there was a bit too much sauce for that amount of ravioli, so I think next time I'll use more pasta so we don't have so much extra sauce. Thanks!"
"This was very good. My husband and one-year-old loved it. I won't make it too often though because it's not very healthy. I followed the receipe exactly."
"Delicious! I split it into 2 small casserole dishes and froze the 2nd one for another day since it's just my husband and me. The only thing I did differently was to use dried basil since that is what I had."
"I loved this. I added some fresh sauteed spinach. Even my meat loving husband cleaned his plate !"