I created this recipe a few years ago for a fifth-grade school project. I love being in the kitchen with my mom and helping her with meal preparations. My whole family was impressed with the few additions I made to these potatoes to make them extra tasty. -Jessica Ryan, Victoria, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Crumbled cooked bacon
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Stir in the cheese, butter and seasoned salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese and butter are melted. Sprinkle with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 274 calories, 14g fat (10g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 612mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Potatoes in Reminisce March/April 2001
Mar 18, 2013
This is a good quick side dish.
Dec 20, 2010
I haven't tried these with the bacon, but without they are good. It makes a potatoe side dish that is really tastey.
Nov 3, 2010
I hate cheesey potatoes but these are the best