Esther Yoder combines leftover ham with canned soup, cheese and a few other ingredients to make this mashed potato-topped casserole. "My family loves it," notes the Millersburg, Ohio reader.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, cheese and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. stir in the ham, onion and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Potatoes and Ham in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p20
Reviews forCheesy Potatoes and Ham
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2008
"My very favourite way to use up leftover ham, my family loves this dish!"