Cheesy Potato Puff
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Swiss cheese, divided
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain; mash potatoes. Add 1-3/4 cups cheese, milk, butter and salt; cook and stir over low heat until cheese and butter are melted. Fold in eggs.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 226 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 14, 2013
I have been making this for years. Since I found this in my new Taste of Home magazine maybe 12 years ago? It is so light and fluffy and not to cheesy. I love it with meatloaf and chicken dishes especially.
Jan 27, 2012
These were really good. I made a half recipe using up some leftover mashed potatoes. They already had milk, butter, salt and pepper added. I heated them in the microwave, then added a little extra milk and 2T butter, some cheese and stirred together, then folded in 1 egg. They were really creamy, puffed nicely. We enjoyed them!
Dec 14, 2010
Nothing great, I threw most of it in the trash.
Oct 10, 2010
This is a favorite with family for Holiday meals.
Mar 18, 2010
This is an absolute favourite of ours, we make it regularly when we have visitors. The leftovers taste great too. Our kids love it as well.
Oct 3, 2008
These are great if you add cream cheese also