Cheesy Potato Chowder Recipe
This chowder was invented by my niece, who took a basic potato soup recipe and added some of her own ingredients. The results were "souperb"! I was a cook at the time, and I tried her recipe at work. It was the hit of the season!
- 8 to 12 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 pound process American cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 3 cups milk
- 1. In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cook potatoes and carrots in chicken broth until tender, about 10 minutes. Add cheese, dill weed, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Reserve some of the bacon for garnish; add the rest to chowder with milk. Heat through. Top individual bowls with reserved bowl. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 347 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1283mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Potato Chowder
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC