Cheesy Pizza English Muffins
Plan ahead and you will have a fun dinner in no time. Make these one evening for dinner but make enough to freeze for later use. All you have to do on a busy day would be to pop as many as you want in the oven. Kids will gobble up these trendy little pizzas and ask for more!
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 pound reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) English muffins, split
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato paste, garlic salt, oregano and cayenne. Spread over the cut side of each English muffin. Place on baking sheets. Combine the cheeses; sprinkle over meat mixture.
- Freeze for up to 3 months or bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 145 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Pizza English Muffins in Comfort Food Diet 2010