Cheesy Pita Crisps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Split each pita pocket in half. Cut each into two triangles; place split side up on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the margarine, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper; stir in the Parmesan cheese. Spread over triangles. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 95 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 25, 2012
I added a little cayenne pepper too. I spread some spicy 3 pepper hummus on them as a light snack.
May 9, 2012
I make this recipe all the time - it's great with spaghetti dinner - and scales down easily (or up if you're feeding a crowd). All the ingredients are things I have on-hand. Yum!
Sep 18, 2011
Very delicious and easy to make!
Dec 1, 2008
Awesome! Used garlic salt instead of the powder and omitted the salt...didn't have any mozzarella and it was still yummy!!!
Jun 14, 2008
I added this one to my recipe box. They sound reeeaaallllly good! Thanks.