Cheesy Pesto Bread
Cheesy Pesto Bread is from Karen Grant of Tulare, California. “I was out of French bread one day and remembered I had a packaged, prebaked bread crust on hand,” she recalls. “I topped it with pesto and cheese for dinner. Now it’s expected whenever I make pasta and salad. It’s great heated up for lunch the next day, too.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet. Spread with pesto; sprinkle with garlic salt and cheeses. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 221 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Pesto Garlic Bread in Taste of Home August/September 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.