Cheesy Pecan Roll
Years ago, I judged a local 4-H Food Show, where this cheese roll won first prize in the snack foods category. My family has also labeled it a winner!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, steak sauce, salt and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in the chicken, celery and onion. Shape into a 9-in. log. Roll in pecans. Cover and chill. Serve with crackers.
Originally published as Cheesy Pecan Roll in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.