- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender; set aside. Place biscuit mix in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk egg and milk. Stir into the biscuit mix just until moistened. Stir in the onion mixture, 1/2 cup cheese and poppy seeds.
- Transfer to an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and loaf is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forCheesy Onion Quick Bread
"The sauteed onions seem to really make this a moist bread. Good, but next time I think I'd add a little salt."
"Pretty good. I made this to go with dinner tonight. My kids thought it was good which surprised me - they don't really care for onions."
"I made this for a cook out for my children who were visiting us - now every time they come for a cook out, they request this bread!Makes nice gifts also. Moist and tasty!"