- 1 unsliced round loaf (1-1/2 pounds) sourdough bread
- 1 pound sliced Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise in a curvy pattern without cutting through the bottom crust. Insert cheese between cuts. Combine onions, butter and poppy seeds; drizzle over the bread.
- Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Unwrap; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Onion Bread
"Great finger food-----good evan room temperature-----always a big hit------wrap in nonstick foil (it works better)"