VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 unsliced round loaf (1-1/2 pounds) sourdough bread
- 1 pound sliced Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise in a curvy pattern without cutting through the bottom crust. Insert cheese between cuts. Combine onions, butter and poppy seeds; drizzle over the bread.
- Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Unwrap; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Onion Bread in Taste of Home's Halloween Annual 2006, p47
Reviews forCheesy Onion Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2012
"Great finger food-----good evan room temperature-----always a big hit------wrap in nonstick foil (it works better)"