Cheesy Mushroom Morsels
There's plenty of happy munching all around the table when I dish up these luscious morsels. Ideal for a large crowd, they taste like quiche without the crust or the fuss.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
Makesabout 12 dozen
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups small-curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add green pepper and garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheeses, flour, baking powder, salt, basil and nutmeg. Add mushroom mixture. Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until edges are golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cut into squares.