Cheesy Mushroom Crostini
Total TimePrep Time: 20 min. Cook Time: 25 min.
- 1 small loaf French bread, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place bread slices on baking sheet; brush with melted butter. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add sherry, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt; cook and stir 3 minutes longer or until liquid is evaporated and mushrooms are golden.
- Spoon mixture evenly over bread. Layer with French Fried Onions and cheeses, beginning and ending with onions. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and onions are golden. Serve warm.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cheesy Mushroom Crostini in Taste of Home Quick & Easy Spring 2010