Cheesy Mushroom Appetizers
My husband loves mushrooms. Sometimes I think he makes up work functions just so I make a batch of these savory appetizers...and he can snack on them at his desk.—Kathi Bloomer, Noblesville, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Unroll crescent dough into two long rectangles; seal seams and perforations. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mushrooms, garlic powder and Cajun seasoning. Spread over dough to within 1 in. of edges.
- Roll up each rectangle, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; seal edges. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Beat egg and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 369 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 690mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cheesy Mushroom Appetizers in Country Woman November/December 1998