Cheesy Mexican Chili Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, salsa, beans, tomatoes and chili powder. Cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 373 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1157mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Mexican Chili
"Delicious! I loved this and so did my dinner guests who were children."
"i used a jar of homemade salsa. delicious recipe. can't wait to make again!"
"This was delicious.I made a couple of changes. I used Mexican Velveeta,, eliminated the stewed tomatoes and used 2 cans of diced tomatoes with green chilies. You could probably use 2 lbs. of ground beef with no problems. Very Spicy and good!"
"I used 1 can chili beans and 1 can black beans instead of red. Also used mexican style stewed tomatoes. Very rich but very tasty."
"Very good receipe except this is more of a dip than a chili. Very good with chips."