Can meatballs be lucky? My guys think so, and they want them for game time. My beef, sausage and cheese recipe has a big fan following. —Jill Hill, Dixon, Illinois
Recommended: 25 of Our Cheesiest Recipes Ever
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 4 tablespoons chili powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 1 sleeve)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cups shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 can (26 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk egg, milk, minced onion, 2 tablespoons chili powder, salt and pepper; stir in crushed crackers. Add beef, sausage and cheese; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on greased racks in 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 15-18 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine soup, water, brown sugar and remaining chili powder. Gently stir in meatballs. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until meatballs are cooked through. Yield: about 9 dozen.
Originally published as Cheesy Meatballs in Taste of Home February/March 2015, p48
Reviews forCheesy Meatballs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review