Cheesy Mashed Potato Casserole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 to 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream, cottage cheese and milk; stir in onions. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake at 375° for 5-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 177 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Jun 29, 2016
Wonderful for holiday or company - a lighter alternative, but still tasty...
Jul 12, 2014
Excellent. Love the flavor the onions gave it.
Jan 28, 2013
Very Good. Double for company. Love the onions in it.
Jan 28, 2010
Still a comfort food without all the butter and cream or milk added. A keeper!