Cheesy Manicotti Crepes Recipe
This entree may lack meat but it's loaded with three cheeses! Using homemade crepes instead of manicotti shells makes it special for holidays and other gatherings.—Lori Henry, Elkhart, Indiana
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan; combine the first 11 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until sauce is reduced to 5 cups, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat eggs and water. Combine flour and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3. Heat 3/4 teaspoon oil in an 8-in. nonstick skillet. Stir crepe batter; pour a scant 3 tablespoons into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, using remaining oil as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 4. Spread about 1/4 cup filling down the center of each crepe; roll up and place 12 crepes in each of two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Spoon sauce over top. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160&d Yield: 12 servings.
2 each: 410 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 185mg cholesterol, 1313mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Manicotti Crepes
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2012
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC