Cheesy Mac ‘N’ Dogs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 7 cooked hot dogs, diced
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and mustard. Gradually add milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and cheese until cheese is melted.
- Drain macaroni; stir into the cheese sauce. Add the hot dogs. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 499 calories, 32g fat (17g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 1336mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Dec 16, 2010
This is a nice change of pace. I did add frozen mixed vegetables. I also cut the hot dogs into bite size pieces and cooked them with the macaroni. I did not have Velveeta so used cubed Colby/Monterey Jack cheese & shredded Cheddar/Mozzarella cheese combo. I will make again & this time use the Velveeta.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.