Cheesy Lasagna Pizza
My children never seem to tire of pizza, but I get bored making it the same way. This recipe from a co-worker features a crust seasoned with spaghetti sauce mix for tasty results.— Connie Denmark, St. Joseph, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix, divided
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, water and 3 tablespoons spaghetti sauce mix. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, knead remaining spaghetti sauce mix into the bread dough. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread with cottage cheese. Spoon meat mixture over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the crust is golden and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Serve Cheesy Lasagna Pizza with store-bought salad mix that included greens and dressing. Toss in a cucumber slices, tomato wedges and packaged croutons.
Originally published as Cheesy Lasagna Pizza in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.