Cheesy Kraut Bratwursts
We love this combination of sauerkraut, bratwurst and salad dressing. It's a hearty meal that you can serve with or without the buns.—Sharon Crider, Junction City, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 4 fully cooked bratwurst links
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 4 bratwurst buns, split
- In a bowl, combine cheese and sauerkraut; set aside. Slice each bratwurst in half lengthwise but not all the way through; leave bottom attached. Spread cut sides with dressing; fill each with about 1/4 cup cheese mixture. Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4-6 in. from heat for 9-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and meat is heated through. Serve on buns.