Cheesy Herbed Snack Squares
We have six children, and they all enjoy these snack squares. I've given the recipe to a number of people, and they like to add their own twists to it.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons each caraway seeds, poppy seeds, sesame seeds and celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Thaw bread and let rise according to package directions. Pat into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Brush with butter; sprinkle with seasonings and cheese. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 150 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Herbed Snack Squares in Country Extra November 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.