We have six children, and they all enjoy these snack squares. I've given the recipe to a number of people, and they like to add their own twists to it.
Recommended: 50 Easy Cheese Appetizers for a Crowd
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons each caraway seeds, poppy seeds, sesame seeds and celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Thaw bread and let rise according to package directions. Pat into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Brush with butter; sprinkle with seasonings and cheese. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares; serve warm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Herbed Snack Squares in Country Extra November 1999, p51
Reviews forCheesy Herbed Snack Squares
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review