Cheesy Herbed Eggs
These scrambled eggs are one of the many hearty meals my family would enjoy before heading out to begin daily chores on the farm. The combination of herbs and cheese gives basic eggs a flavorful taste.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 16 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- Tomato wedges, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cream and lemon zest. Add eggs and seasonings; mix well. Stir in cheeses.
- In a large skillet, melt butter; pour in egg mixture. Cook and stir gently over medium heat until eggs are set, about 15 minutes. Garnish with tomato wedges if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 301 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 472mg cholesterol, 634mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Herbed Eggs in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.