Cheesy Herb Pizza
Before I discovered this recipe, making really good pizza—especially the crust—was difficult. Now I get compliments on this pizza all the time!—Ms. Debbie Stieg, Ekalaka, Montana
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and water to form a soft dough.
- Press into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. In a saucepan, combine the next 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes; spoon over crust. Crumble meat mixture over sauce; top with mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the pizza is browned and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 609 calories, 36g fat (17g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1668mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Herb Pizza in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips