Cheesy Herb Mini Loaves Recipe
This savory bread recipe yields three mini loaves and is so versatile—you can mix up different herbs and cheeses to suit your family's taste.—Karen Paumen, Annandale, Minnesota
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Transfer to three greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 mini loaves (6 slices each).
1 slice: 115 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cheesy Herb Mini Loaves
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC