- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream and soup. Stir in the potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, onion, butter, salt and pepper. Pour into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Hash Browns
"These were pretty bland. Will have to kick them up a notch next time. I also used fresh potatoes so the time was much longer."
"Too much sour cream taste and not enough cheese taste. Husband not impressed either."
"added ham & 1/2 cup chicken broth. very good"