- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, soup, sour cream, 1-3/4 cups cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Hash Brown Bake
"I made a half batch becasue I don't have a 3 qt baking dish and it turned out great. So creamy and cheesy! Whole family loved it and I will definitely make it again."
"The store was out of shredded hash browns, so I used cubed instead. I also sauteed some onion and added it, too. I made this recipe for Easter dinner, and everyone loved it. I'll definitely be making this again!"
"I add chopped onion and about 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes, gives it a little kick!"
"Good recipe! I used a can of cream of mushroom and a can of cream of potato instead of two cans of cream of potato and skipped the Parmesan cheese and it turned out great!"
"Very tasty recipe. I do have another Hash brown casserole like this that I prefer, but this one was good. I wish people would not post about a recipe unless they make it. It is a food magazine. We are rating the recipes on how good they taste. Not if it is healthy or not. If it isn't a recipe you would eat or make, then pass it by."
"Great, easy side dish! I halved the recipe & it came out perfect!"
"I have made this many times as part of a holiday meal. easy to make, and everyone loves it. That is a winning combination when confronted with holiday cooking."
"This is a fairly loved recipe! Try switching out the sour cream with French onion dip. You might be surprised."
"This is a very unhealthy recipe with all the cheese and sour cream. Who would eat only 1/2 cup?"