Cheesy Ham Casserole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 3 slices process cheese, halved
- In a bowl, combine the cubed cheese, ham, soup, butter, onion and pepper. Transfer into a greased shallow 3-cup baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine mashed potatoes and sour cream. Spread over ham mixture. Arrange cheese slices over top of potato mixture; sprinkle with bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 467 calories, 30g fat (17g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 1789mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Apr 7, 2016
I make this for my family and it is a hit! They love it. It is definitely a keeper!
Jan 18, 2015
I made it just as it is and we really liked it. I did put a whole onion in the recipe tripled though. Next time I would probably add a green pepper. I saut?ed the onion in the butter before adding because with that much I didn't want it raw. It was quick and easy and I will make it again. It needs a picture! People are more apt to make dishes that have pictures. I would add one for you if I could because it looked very appetizing with the bacon and cheese on top!
Jul 11, 2008
First time I made this dish, knew it was a keeper. My husband could eat this entire casserole alone, so now I double it.Thank you for this recipe.Sincerely,
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.