- 3/4 cup uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain noodles. Add the noodles, ham and peas to cheese sauce. Pour into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and parsley. Sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Ham 'n' Noodles
"This was pretty awful. Cooking times were too long, rendering the noodles mush, and there were no spices/seasonings to impart some flavor...parsley alone just won't do it. Also, prep time was way too long for such a simple casserole (much longer than recipe states). I'll stick to my tried-and-true recipe for cheesy tuna or ham casseroles like this, thanks."
"This was very good."
"husband really likes"
"RE:Cheesy Ham 'n' NoodlesI have a similar recipe except I use a can of any cream soup and a half soup can of milk. We vary our recipe with chopped green pepper and onions instead of the peas. If you cook the onion and green pepper in a little water in the micro, you can put the casserole in the micro for 10 minutes instead of using the oven.mchristensen"
"A little too dry for our taste. Good tasting, just would add a little more liquid next time."