Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
"This is a variation of a recipe I used in home ec class when I was in middle school," recalls Paula Magnus of Republic, Washington. "I made it a lot for our family of seven when I was growing up. Now I fix it frequently for my family of five. I usually use canned green beans and there's seldom any left over."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer the green beans and ham. Combine the soup, Miracle Whip and mustard; pour over ham. Sprinkle with cheeses. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 315 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 914mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Green Bean Casserole in Quick Cooking November/December 2003
Nov 27, 2014
Mar 19, 2013
It was very good.
Mar 15, 2013
Dec 27, 2009
My husband liked it alot and he is not one for leftovers but our Christmas ham made it great.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.