- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and garlic powder; stir until cheese is melted. Pour into greased 2-cup baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over grits. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until firm and top is lightly toasted.
3/4 cup: 186 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat.