Cheesy Garlic Grits
This recipe is the perfect side dish for brunch. The grits are so smooth and creamy and have so much flavor from the cheese and garlic.—Rose Tuttle, Oviedo, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and garlic powder; stir until cheese is melted. Pour into greased 2-cup baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over grits. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until firm and top is lightly toasted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 186 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Garlic Cheese Grits in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.