This recipe is the perfect side dish for brunch. The grits are so smooth and creamy and have so much flavor from the cheese and garlic.—Rose Tuttle, Oviedo, Florida
Recommended: 75 Comfort Foods with 5 Ingredients Max
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and garlic powder; stir until cheese is melted. Pour into greased 2-cup baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over grits. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until firm and top is lightly toasted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Cheese Grits in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p25
Reviews forCheesy Garlic Grits
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2012
"Leave the corn flakes out and it would be good."
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2011