Cheesy Franks and Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 jumbo hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown hot dogs in oil for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon. In the same skillet, saute onion and green pepper until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, cream and onion mixture. Place potatoes in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt. Top with hot dogs. Pour soup mixture over all. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 313 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 974mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Dec 20, 2013
Wow, this is really good. It is creamy and cheesy. I would guess kids would love it.
May 14, 2013
Forgot to mention ~ sorry....did not brown hot dogs, but rather cut in chunks, cooked in water til they got hot.
May 14, 2013
OMGoodness, this was wonderful!! My husband ate half of it, alone! Made a couple changes to suit us ~ did not cook onion/pepper in oil ~ just added to soup mixture. Heated cheddar soup in micro. just til warm ~ seemed to blend better with half-half. Also added extra potato; did not peel. Definitely will make again, and again. Very, very easy to make ~ highly recommend!! K.
May 13, 2013
We're making this for supper ~~ husband's a meat/potato fella, plus anything with cheese is even better, he says. Very easy looking, too.
Sep 23, 2009
Will be trying this one! With today's economy this one could be a good week day supper! Will post after We try it!
Jul 22, 2008
My husband loves potatoes almost as much as "hotdogs"! Can't wait to try.
Jul 17, 2008
this is a great dish to make for a crowd because its easy to double. and if you need to use up a bunch of hotdogs after having a grill-out ry fixing this.