Cheesy Floret Soup
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/3 cups whole milk
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain vegetables; add cheese sauce and heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 401 calories, 28g fat (17g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1169mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 22, 2017
I made this tonight, it was great! I did make some adjustments, I boiled the veggies in chicken broth and did not drain, used light cream and used cheddar cheese and colby jack. Very flavorful!!
Nov 6, 2015
YUMMY! Perfect for a cold, windy, plummeting temperatures kind of day. Had to add a little more milk because it was so thick. Got rid of the nutritional facts when I printed this out to add to my "keepers" file (ignorance is bliss). We have a lot of winter on the way and I am sure this recipe is one I will come to again and again.
Aug 26, 2014
The whole family loved this soup.
Oct 13, 2012
I have made this soup many times so far. My family and I love this soup.
Oct 11, 2009
I have made this recipe many times, always turns out great with no complaints.