Cheesy Floret Soup
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/3 cups whole milk
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Drain vegetables; add cheese sauce and heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 401 calories, 28g fat (17g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1169mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Mar 22, 2017
I made this tonight, it was great! I did make some adjustments, I boiled the veggies in chicken broth and did not drain, used light cream and used cheddar cheese and colby jack. Very flavorful!!
Nov 6, 2015
YUMMY! Perfect for a cold, windy, plummeting temperatures kind of day. Had to add a little more milk because it was so thick. Got rid of the nutritional facts when I printed this out to add to my "keepers" file (ignorance is bliss). We have a lot of winter on the way and I am sure this recipe is one I will come to again and again.
Aug 26, 2014
The whole family loved this soup.
Oct 13, 2012
I have made this soup many times so far. My family and I love this soup.
Oct 11, 2009
I have made this recipe many times, always turns out great with no complaints.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.