"With its pretty color and cheesy topping, this buttery bread is delicious with soups," reports Sue Burton of Frankfort, Kansas. "Our daughter loves to help press out the thawed bread dough and sprinkle it with cheese."
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 to 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Pat dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 14-in. x pizza pan or 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, forming a crust. Spread with butter. Sprinkle with onion, paprika, oregano and garlic powder. Prick the crust several times with a fork; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Flat Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p46
Reviews forCheesy Flatbread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review