Cheesy Egg Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1. Toss Monterey Jack cheese with flour; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with cheddar cheese; sprinkle with bacon. Beat eggs and milk; pour over all. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 382 calories, 30g fat (17g saturated fat), 235mg cholesterol, 592mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Cheesy Egg Casserole
"This is definitely cheesy! Next time I might try sausage in place of the bacon. I'm sure you could add just about any of your favorite breakfast add-ins."
"Fantastic. Vary Cheesey but not runny"