Cheesy Cottage Potatoes
This recipe is a real winner. Not only does my family like it, but it's popular at potlucks. It's also great to make ahead for a company dinner. Just remove it from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.—Mary Louise Ireland, New Wilmington, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 slices bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a small bowl, soak bread in milk; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, green peppers, onion, parsley and reserved bread mixture. Stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 231 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Cottage Potatoes in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.