Cheesy Corn-Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
My husband and I look forward to this easy, fresh-tasting side dish in summer when tomatoes are at their best. I love to invite friends over for dinner and serve these colorful tomatoes. —Mrs. Patrick Dore, Burlington, Ontario
- 6 large tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup plain or Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons each chopped green pepper, celery and onion
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato; scoop out and discard pulp. Sprinkle salt inside tomatoes if desired. Invert on paper towel to drain. Combine bread crumbs, corn, green pepper, celery, onion, cream and butter; spoon into the tomatoes. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. pour water into the baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 131 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Cheesy Corn-Stuffed Tomatoes
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC