- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute until tender. Set aside.
- Beat eggs; add sour cream, both cans of corn, salt and pepper. Stir in corn bread mix just until blended. Mince 1 jalapeno pepper; fold into corn mixture with sauteed onion and 1-1/2 cups of cheese.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes; cool slightly. Slice remaining jalapeno; sprinkle over dish. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Corn Spoon Bread
"I've made this dish 2 different times and every time it's a HUGE hit! I have to double the recipe. I do one with lots of hot peppers and one without. I highly recommend it and it's great that you can put it all together the day before cook later. LOVE IT!"
"Can I make this the day before?"
"I substitute a small (4oz) can of mild chopped green chillies instead of the jalapeno. Now this has become a requested special occasion side dish at our house!"
"Made several times, so creamy and nice addition to Mexican themed meal. Not spicy, sometimes I add more jalape?o for more of a kick."
"I was dissappointed with this recipe; made it for a mexican themed party. It didn't have the great flavor that I was expecting."
"I've made this several times now and it's one of my family's favorite dishes. Everybody I make it for loves it. Highly recommend!"
"Oh my goodness, this is amazingly delicious! I see why you need a shallow pan, because mine wasnt and it took longer to cook in the middle, but it was DELICIOUS!"
"I've made this recipe several times for potlucks and it's a big hit there and at home."
"I made this for a dinner at my in-laws. I loved it, but many of them did not because of the jalapenos. If you have picky eaters you may want to skip the Jalapeno."