Cheesy Clam Manicotti
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) minced clams
- 1 carton (8 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 manicotti shells, cooked and drained
- In a large saucepan, combine spaghetti sauce and hot pepper sauce. Drain one can of clams; add clams to sauce. Stir in clams and juice from second can. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat ricotta and cream cheeses until smooth. Stir in the cheeses, garlic, pepper and oregano. Stuff into manicotti shells.
- Spread 3/4 cup clam sauce into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Arrange manicotti over sauce; top with remaining sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 640 calories, 35g fat (22g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 1559mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 6, 2014
My husband and I stuffed jumbo shells instead of manicotti and it was delicious!!!
Jul 18, 2012
This was a very good recipe. I will defininatly make again. It was easy but did take a little time stuffing the manicotti but really wasn't as tough as I thought it was going to be. I had never made stuffed manicotti before. I only had one can of clams on hand but still tasted great!
Feb 10, 2010
This has been one of my favorites for years. Recently, I used the leftover cheese filling for pinwheel appetizers. Very good!
Jan 9, 2010
Amazing. Have made this multiple times using shrimp and it is a keeper!