Cheesy Chive Potatoes
These potatoes are a speedy side dish that complements most any entree. Feta cheese adds a rich zesty flavor. A neighbor supplies me with garden-fresh chives, but you can use frozen or dried chives for more convenience.—Jean Komlos, Plymouth, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes. Add the milk, cheese, butter, salt and pepper; mash. Stir in chives.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 171 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Cheesy Chive Potatoes in Country Woman November/December 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.