Cheesy Chicken Wafflewiches
I've had lots of fun experimenting with my new waffle maker. I decided to use shredded meat, cheese and vegetables for a savory twist. Make sure the griddle is hot before adding the sandwiches. —Marietta Slater, Justin, Texas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; saute onion until softened, 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until caramelized, 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes. Cool slightly. Stir in chicken and cheese.
- 2. Preheat a four-square waffle maker. Unfold one puff pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface; cut into four squares. Top each square with 1/4 cup filling; bring up corners over filling and pinch firmly to seal. Refrigerate until ready to cook. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- 3. In batches, place pastry bundle in a separate section of the waffle maker. Bake until golden brown and crisp, 5-7 minutes.
1 wafflewich: 405 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC