We're huge college football fans (go Irish!), and my chicken taco dip hasn't missed a season opener in 14 years and counting. A slow cooker lets us keep the dip warm for the whole game—if it lasts that long! —Deanna Garretson, Yucaipa, California
Recommended: Slow Cooker Superstars
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (30 ounces) refried beans
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a greased 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, mix salsa and beans. Top with chicken; sprinkle with taco seasoning. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken; shred finely using two forks. Return to slow cooker; stir in cheese. Cook, covered, on low until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, top with green onions, tomato and cilantro. Serve with chips. Yield: 8 cups
Originally published as Cheesy Chicken Taco Dip in Simple & Delicious June/July 2017
Reviews forCheesy Chicken Taco Dip
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2017
"Delicious! Will be a great addition to our party tables this year."